MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

    • Gift, Forum Registration / Activation • Demo Videos

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Sun Dec 22, 2024 12:50 pm

Currently testing on a Hack-A-Mac....

Found a nasty case , ot sure if its related to custo drivers or what not.

If you extract more than one ISO , and you are reading from or writing to a SSD/NVME the throughput is so fast it saturates the bus , blocking the read/write operations...

Now as I said , im not sure if this is just a Hack-A-mac issue ..

I have a work round , its simple , stagger the launch of multiple extractions by a few 10th of a second.
Bus in no longer saturated at the start , and no longer stalls. ( the buffer gets filled in a staggered manner )

If you are reading from pure optical disk to a SSD/NVME then there is no issue as the read of the DVD is slow enough to leave the bus clear.

Same if you are writing to an older HD . The slow writes , slow down the read speed while we wait for the buffer to clear ...
( the buffer has a max threshold of data to stop it consuming all memory )

To be honest , writing to an older HD is better as it reduces wear and tear on the SSD/NVME.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Mon Dec 23, 2024 6:21 am

Right , scrap yesterday:

I altered the code to controll the individual thread access to the read and write methods.
We now syncronise the read/writes , stops disk trashing , slows down ISO to not saturate the bus , and choke the system...

Still have to look at the ISO side , but it will use the same semaphores to control access...
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Mon Dec 23, 2024 8:43 am

ok , ISO code now has the same flow control , balancing the load across all threads.

no more disk trashing...

its run on 12 , 13 A quick test on 10.11 then 15...
G
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby DBdakota » Tue Dec 24, 2024 12:59 pm

I received a notice on my Macupdater program that MTR6 is available. Is it available and if so how do I receive that version? I purchased a license for MTR5 with payment on 14 January 2022 for 109,09CHF.
I would like to support MTR6
DBdakota
He left a Paper Trail.....
User avatar
DBdakota
MTR 5
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby LilAbner » Tue Dec 24, 2024 2:20 pm

DBdakota wrote:I received a notice on my Macupdater program that MTR6 is available. Is it available and if so how do I receive that version? I purchased a license for MTR5 with payment on 14 January 2022 for 109,09CHF.
I would like to support MTR6


When you Open MTR 5 & get the Notice, Click the "MTR 6 Download".
I noticed that I got a Message "MTR6.dmg Insecured download blocked' with a Keep >
If you get this message click on the Keep.

You should be good to install
MTR 6 Release Notes
FAQ

Note:
    MTR 6 License has been moved to:
      ~/Library/Application Support/MTR 6
User avatar
LilAbner
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 1172
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:23 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby wngmst » Tue Dec 24, 2024 3:34 pm

GB,

Great job brother! I just sent you a Birthday / Christmas / License gift. Looking forward to seeing the new program!


WM
WngMst

Mac Mini (2023) OSX 26.4 Tahoe - Apple M2 Pro - 32 GB RAM
(2) External LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40 USB
(1) EXTERNAL PIONEER BD-RW BDR-212D
(1) PIONEER BD-RW BDR-212V
MTR 5.x & 6.x
wngmst
MTR 6
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:45 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby TheSystemHasFailed » Tue Dec 24, 2024 7:39 pm

Just put in my license request.. w00t!!! Cannot wait...

Merry Christmas GB.. I'll be sending another gift too..
• Mac Mini M4 Pro (2024) • macOS (Version 26.2 (25C56)) • ASUS BW-16D1HT • PIONEER BD-RW BDR-UD03
• MTR 6.005
• DVD2OneX 2.4.2 (running Windows version in CrossOver Mac) • Burn With Apple Disk Utility
• Media - Philips DR858B50F DVD+R DL 8x


"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" -- Abraham Lincoln
User avatar
TheSystemHasFailed
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:39 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Wed Dec 25, 2024 2:16 am

Chaps , I need to clear something up here. The Application bundle consisting of DVDSectorProbe and DVDSectorScan are NOT covered in any type of license issued for MTR.

They are a one time license , and are not connected with MTR's payment scheme.

The cost to activate the extensions is 12CHF.

I think I forgot to include that in the docs...

Sorry.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby wngmst » Wed Dec 25, 2024 5:51 am

GM.

First off, I truly appreciate the new interface! It looks really cool! I'm trying everything and have come across a curious thing....

When I load a DVD and then right click on it from the DISK VOLUMES panel, I see the option for DISK REBUILDER EXTRACTION, but it is grayed out... any guidance on why that is, or how to get that option working would be appreciated.

Thanks,

WM
WngMst

Mac Mini (2023) OSX 26.4 Tahoe - Apple M2 Pro - 32 GB RAM
(2) External LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40 USB
(1) EXTERNAL PIONEER BD-RW BDR-212D
(1) PIONEER BD-RW BDR-212V
MTR 5.x & 6.x
wngmst
MTR 6
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:45 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Wed Dec 25, 2024 7:05 am

That is for 6.1

I will start on that in the new year , now the core frameworks and base system is completed.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby TheSystemHasFailed » Wed Dec 25, 2024 8:57 am

geezerbuttz wrote:Chaps , I need to clear something up here. The Application bundle consisting of DVDSectorProbe and DVDSectorScan are NOT covered in any type of license issued for MTR.

They are a one time license , and are not connected with MTR's payment scheme.

The cost to activate the extensions is 12CHF.

I think I forgot to include that in the docs...

Sorry.


Same way to activate that license as with regular gifting I presume?
• Mac Mini M4 Pro (2024) • macOS (Version 26.2 (25C56)) • ASUS BW-16D1HT • PIONEER BD-RW BDR-UD03
• MTR 6.005
• DVD2OneX 2.4.2 (running Windows version in CrossOver Mac) • Burn With Apple Disk Utility
• Media - Philips DR858B50F DVD+R DL 8x


"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" -- Abraham Lincoln
User avatar
TheSystemHasFailed
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:39 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Wed Dec 25, 2024 9:19 am

it is indeed.... except there is no concept of lifetime etc , its perpetual.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby TheSystemHasFailed » Wed Dec 25, 2024 9:47 am

GB

will Crash reports be of any use? One of my problem child DVDs (Team America - World Police) keeps crashing MTR 6. MTR 5 would just make a 15GB unusable image.
• Mac Mini M4 Pro (2024) • macOS (Version 26.2 (25C56)) • ASUS BW-16D1HT • PIONEER BD-RW BDR-UD03
• MTR 6.005
• DVD2OneX 2.4.2 (running Windows version in CrossOver Mac) • Burn With Apple Disk Utility
• Media - Philips DR858B50F DVD+R DL 8x


"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" -- Abraham Lincoln
User avatar
TheSystemHasFailed
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:39 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Wed Dec 25, 2024 11:56 am

did you image it?
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby TheSystemHasFailed » Wed Dec 25, 2024 12:02 pm

geezerbuttz wrote:did you image it?


Crashed during an ISO image extract.. however when I created a IMF file it worked without issue. Totally worth paying for DVDSectorProbe...
• Mac Mini M4 Pro (2024) • macOS (Version 26.2 (25C56)) • ASUS BW-16D1HT • PIONEER BD-RW BDR-UD03
• MTR 6.005
• DVD2OneX 2.4.2 (running Windows version in CrossOver Mac) • Burn With Apple Disk Utility
• Media - Philips DR858B50F DVD+R DL 8x


"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" -- Abraham Lincoln
User avatar
TheSystemHasFailed
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:39 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby wngmst » Wed Dec 25, 2024 12:30 pm

Hello GB,

Been using 6 now all morning. It seems pretty solid, but for some reason, I can not get the DVDSectorProbe to work. Icon is black with red letters.... when I open the app, I get a window, but it indicates DEVICE ERROR.... however, when I use the surface scan and MTR 6 all seems good...

please advise. :)

WM
WngMst

Mac Mini (2023) OSX 26.4 Tahoe - Apple M2 Pro - 32 GB RAM
(2) External LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40 USB
(1) EXTERNAL PIONEER BD-RW BDR-212D
(1) PIONEER BD-RW BDR-212V
MTR 5.x & 6.x
wngmst
MTR 6
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:45 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby LilAbner » Wed Dec 25, 2024 12:50 pm

wngmst wrote:Hello GB,

Been using 6 now all morning. It seems pretty solid, but for some reason, I can not get the DVDSectorProbe to work. Icon is black with red letters.... when I open the app, I get a window, but it indicates DEVICE ERROR.... however, when I use the surface scan and MTR 6 all seems good...

please advise. :)

WM

Did you read this Post from GB?
Post
MTR 6 Release Notes
FAQ

Note:
    MTR 6 License has been moved to:
      ~/Library/Application Support/MTR 6
User avatar
LilAbner
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 1172
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:23 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby wngmst » Wed Dec 25, 2024 1:06 pm

LilAbner wrote:Did you read this Post from GB?
Post


I did... but I did not see any other info that would tell me how to pay for those two items.... (surface scan is working, but the probe is not)

What is the best way to submit the required contributions and get them turned on?

WM
WngMst

Mac Mini (2023) OSX 26.4 Tahoe - Apple M2 Pro - 32 GB RAM
(2) External LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40 USB
(1) EXTERNAL PIONEER BD-RW BDR-212D
(1) PIONEER BD-RW BDR-212V
MTR 5.x & 6.x
wngmst
MTR 6
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:45 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Wed Dec 25, 2024 1:13 pm

It all done the same way as MTR is paid for.

FYI , while sector scan may work , unless you have licensed the plugins , you cannot load the result back into MTR.

Its this way to ensure only people who contribute maps , and do the hard work to generate them , can benefit from the community effort.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Wed Dec 25, 2024 1:18 pm

TheSystemHasFailed wrote:
geezerbuttz wrote:did you image it?


Crashed during an ISO image extract.. however when I created a IMF file it worked without issue. Totally worth paying for DVDSectorProbe...


Thats the point of the external plugins..

Here is one for you to think about:

Say MTR cannot read the device structure when initial building before you start ISO extraction.
Well , as long as the volume appears in the volume launcher window , you can Image it using either methods , save it, then , using RAW_ISO mode , load the disk in , then you MUST load an IMF , as RAW_ISO mode is an empty methods that is 100% reliant on maps...

It totally bypasses MTR initial scan.


This currently only works on ISO , but will be extended to MF mode in the near future.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Wed Dec 25, 2024 1:32 pm

TheSystemHasFailed wrote:
geezerbuttz wrote:did you image it?


Crashed during an ISO image extract.. however when I created a IMF file it worked without issue. Totally worth paying for DVDSectorProbe...



Just an addition , I am interested in fully working ISO that you get , so I can dignose why it crashes...

LilAbner knows how to get them to me...

And dont forget , submit the IMF once verified to me so I can upload it to the library.

Lets make this app better. ( after the holiday season :) )
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby TheSystemHasFailed » Wed Dec 25, 2024 2:47 pm

OK I'll save the ISO and the IMF file for LilAbner and follow up offline..
• Mac Mini M4 Pro (2024) • macOS (Version 26.2 (25C56)) • ASUS BW-16D1HT • PIONEER BD-RW BDR-UD03
• MTR 6.005
• DVD2OneX 2.4.2 (running Windows version in CrossOver Mac) • Burn With Apple Disk Utility
• Media - Philips DR858B50F DVD+R DL 8x


"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" -- Abraham Lincoln
User avatar
TheSystemHasFailed
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:39 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Thu Dec 26, 2024 9:27 am

The new license server code is working well , and is far easier than the hacked collection of scripts and stuff i had before.

I can generate the current data and time atomically now , ensuring the license has a correct issuance data embedded.

Return generation is handle cleanly , and the app is sandbox clean.... meaning it meets apples stringent specs now.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Thu Dec 26, 2024 9:34 am

at the start of the new year , the first part i will complete is to get the preview code into ISO mode.
(most likely port to a framework , with UI developed in code for simplicity.. Sometime I use a bundle , but i dont think its needed for this.... )

Then , update to catch any disks that get passed to me.

That will go out the door to you.

After that when all that is done , I will commence on part II, getting the RnR replacement in.
When developing the new RnR , bug hunting will stop , as in the past , I found that trying to dev new code , and having to back track to fix older bugs just leads to chaos...

The new license system will enable you to keep all versions of MTR , as long as you do not remove or change the activation file for each version.

Updates now will be handled by MTR , unpacking them to your desktop , allowing you to place the updates where you want , thus leaving the choice off over writing to you.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

MTR6 Extract and SAVE AS feature

Postby wngmst » Thu Dec 26, 2024 10:45 am

GM...

Been testing.... one think I can't seem to find is the ability to SAVE AS the DVD image. This feature is most helpful when you have a series with multi DVD that all have the same name....

Is that feature there and I have simply missed it?

WM
WngMst

Mac Mini (2023) OSX 26.4 Tahoe - Apple M2 Pro - 32 GB RAM
(2) External LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40 USB
(1) EXTERNAL PIONEER BD-RW BDR-212D
(1) PIONEER BD-RW BDR-212V
MTR 5.x & 6.x
wngmst
MTR 6
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:45 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Thu Dec 26, 2024 10:48 am

yes , because of the nature of the concurrent operations , the disk is named 'as is' but is assigned a UUID at its end to differentiate from othersof the same name/...

You can freely rename after completion if you like.

I may add the ability via contextual menu to assign a unique name , but I have to look into how far i have to backport those additions.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Sat Dec 28, 2024 1:41 pm

ok , Im bored doing nothing , so....

ISO rename code is implemented.
Right click contextual menu addition on each ISO entry will pop the rename panel.

Updated the MF rename panel to match app style...

Updated build variant number ready for next ( ISO preview hooks )

G
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby LilAbner » Sat Dec 28, 2024 2:26 pm

geezerbutts wrote:ok , Im bored doing nothing , so....

How about the auto encryption to send you an iso?
MTR 6 Release Notes
FAQ

Note:
    MTR 6 License has been moved to:
      ~/Library/Application Support/MTR 6
User avatar
LilAbner
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 1172
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:23 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Sat Dec 28, 2024 2:45 pm

im currently not that bored , maybe tomorrow...
perhaps i will build the packer into the app....
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby LilAbner » Sat Dec 28, 2024 3:16 pm

geezerbuttz wrote:im currently not that bored , maybe tomorrow...
perhaps i will build the packer into the app....

If you build it into the app, send delivery Instructions also.
MTR 6 Release Notes
FAQ

Note:
    MTR 6 License has been moved to:
      ~/Library/Application Support/MTR 6
User avatar
LilAbner
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 1172
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:23 am

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome to the MTR 6 forum!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests