MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

    • Gift, Forum Registration / Activation • Demo Videos

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:41 am

Ah , before I forget .

I intend to add a new preference in MTR that disables the automatic setting of the disk to region free.

This is so an ISO can be created that is %100 identical to the original .
Probe can alter its navigation based on the region , so it makes sense to make sure the ISO can be non-region free to assure same performance between disk and ISO in probe.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:59 am

all slated for today has been done:

Fixed a long standing omission:
ISO use to just report the disk region as a Generic region free disk.
This was because the IOCTLS cannot read the region of a disk image based medium.

I addressed this and added a fall back to find the first sector of either VIDEO_TS.IFO/BUP and read the region from there.


Nice to see the correct region on Images ..

Also found that in ISO mode the region of the disk was never set unless the RCE selector was active...
How did that never get noticed....

fixed.

Finally added the region setting bypass in the preferences.
When in the OFF position , the Region is left 'as is'

More tomorrow.
G
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:39 am

A quick new function in probe.

The ability to remove the packs/ Alignment packs.

Why?

simple , i have observed a disk where the region choice changes the navigation.
These disks are ID by the RCE bit being triggered.

At the End of the probe , the Alignment packs are inserted atomically , so we need to be able to remove them if we wish to
change the region and restart to catch any extra packs.

I generally , if needed run on the disk indicated region , then run again in Region free mode to build a complete map.

Its there is you need it!

It will all be thoroughly exampled in the User guide.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby savemulder » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:58 pm

amazing ! your attention to detail is what makes you >> you !! great stuff and thanks :)
2.8 GHz iMac / 8GB Ram / 1TB HD / OS 10.11.6
MTR 6 'Sick Bubblegum'

2.33 GHz MacBook Pro / 2GB Ram / 160GB HD / OS 10.6.8
matSHITa drive
(1) external ASUS DRW-1814BL
MTR 5.1.0.2
Toast 8.0.5
DVD2oneX 2.4.2
User avatar
savemulder
MTR 6
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:29 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby TheSystemHasFailed » Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:04 pm

I don't suppose any of us could get an advance beta to help with testing? :)
• Mac Mini M4 Pro (2024) • macOS (Version 26.2 (25C56)) • ASUS BW-16D1HT • PIONEER BD-RW BDR-UD03
• MTR 6.005
• DVD2OneX 2.4.2 (running Windows version in CrossOver Mac) • Burn With Apple Disk Utility
• Media - Philips DR858B50F DVD+R DL 8x


"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" -- Abraham Lincoln
User avatar
TheSystemHasFailed
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:39 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:52 pm

not right now.. im updating the internal encryption.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby TheSystemHasFailed » Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:24 pm

geezerbuttz wrote:not right now.. im updating the internal encryption.


Got it. No worries.. I figured it never hurts to ask.. :D
• Mac Mini M4 Pro (2024) • macOS (Version 26.2 (25C56)) • ASUS BW-16D1HT • PIONEER BD-RW BDR-UD03
• MTR 6.005
• DVD2OneX 2.4.2 (running Windows version in CrossOver Mac) • Burn With Apple Disk Utility
• Media - Philips DR858B50F DVD+R DL 8x


"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" -- Abraham Lincoln
User avatar
TheSystemHasFailed
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:39 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:02 am

Hello.

What was supposed to be a 7 day break , turned into a three week break.
I am home now:

Funny I just tried to link in via the app , as i always do , but the web address had changed???
It always worked before hand , so there is some behind the scene work going on at RipDifferent I suppose.

Its not a problem , Im glad I caught it now.

I started recording the user guides today , a laborious task , but It needs to be done.
I am hoping that we will now rap up phase 1.

I will have to take a break , as I have a request to rebuild version 5 for a user ... not sure I can due to the license keys being deactivated and removed now.

But i will see.... It may have to be a 'paid for' option as I suspect it will be a lot of work to get the earlier builds running again.

we will see...

If successful , I will keep it online here , just in case.

More as the week progresses.

cu!
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:23 am

For ' the enlightened few ' .. the first of the user guides covering basic app functions are uploaded.

I will be completing the last of them this week...

Who ever thought narrating , editing , encoding , would be such a chore....

Me , that's who..
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:01 am

ok . progressing..

Its a complex job , a lot of editing , vocal clarity etc...

The hardest part is getting a trade off between quality and file size , and maintaining a constant look across all Guides...


A lot of encoding , and testing , and re encoding....
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:47 am

Completed the MainFeature User Guide, uploaded and embedded.

Just DVDSectorProbe left to do , and a few sub notes to record ( additions )

Just took a few hours to rewrite the DiskControllers dynamic menus.
I was never happy with the code , better now using a custom class to do all the heavy lifting.
No change in operation as described in the Disk Controller User guide.

( just 25% less code )
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:18 am

just been running some deep checks:
I will have to make a small update in MF tomorrow as its loading a whole title when only one cell is used in that title....
I need to make sure the PGC we are working on is matching the IMF data...

Should be a quick fix.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:47 am

ok , a little premature there:

What happened is this..

The sectors in the specific titleSet were shared across multiple PGC , being reused.
As a different language was selected , the PGC being played was changed , but its using mostly the same sectors...

Therefore , MF sees this as an alternative main feature.

What I have done , is to expand SectorProbes visual notification system as follows.

PANEL COLOR:
RED = VTS is cloned , and current VTS reuses same sectors in multiple PGC in this set.
PURPLE = VTS is cloned
BLUE = VTS reuses same sectors in multiple PGC in this set.


A right click on the panel will produce a popup listing the exact data for your info.


How , I use this information in MTR , to assist you , I have not yet thought off.
perhaps i can store the active language for each title ( as scanned , read this from the registers ) , and use that in MTR... just a thought.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby rthpjm » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:16 am

geezerbuttz wrote:For ' the enlightened few ' .. the first of the user guides covering basic app functions are uploaded.

I will be completing the last of them this week...

Who ever thought narrating , editing , encoding , would be such a chore....

Me , that's who..


I’ve been popping back to this thread occasionally to see your progress. I thought now was a good time to say “congrats GB”. I echo the sentiment of one of the previous posters, “your attention to detail is what makes you, you”.

I feel your pain/frustration/relief when creating video guides. I too was often asked for similar during my professional career. Thankfully, I’m retired now! - I do occasionally stumble across an old video that I left laying around in my file system. Is it wrong to sit back and watch it with nostalgic glasses on?!
  • AMD Ryzentosh Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus Wifi • Ryzen 9 5900x 12 Core • ASMedia ASM105x (external USB3) • AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT • OpenCore with Sequoia
User avatar
rthpjm
MTR 5
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:21 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:10 pm

rthpjm wrote:
geezerbuttz wrote:For ' the enlightened few ' .. the first of the user guides covering basic app functions are uploaded.

I will be completing the last of them this week...

Who ever thought narrating , editing , encoding , would be such a chore....

Me , that's who..


I’ve been popping back to this thread occasionally to see your progress. I thought now was a good time to say “congrats GB”. I echo the sentiment of one of the previous posters, “your attention to detail is what makes you, you”.

I feel your pain/frustration/relief when creating video guides. I too was often asked for similar during my professional career. Thankfully, I’m retired now! - I do occasionally stumble across an old video that I left laying around in my file system. Is it wrong to sit back and watch it with nostalgic glasses on?!


Ryzentosh.... i got one of them.... lots of cores lol.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:13 pm

So , here we are again.

DVDSectorprobe is mostly updated getting enough information out to satisfy , and ease the selection in MF mode:

Found a bug where some cells were missed , I fixed that.

Exported the cells Audio / subtitle / angle data , so we can select the exact same settings for the overall title ( MF mode ) in MTR.

Thus you should be able to see what title plays the language you want , in the case of multiple titles of the same feature.

That should be all in place tomorrow.

For now , its bed time... its been a hellish hot , busy day.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:45 am

ok , provisional run today.

I updated the probe to provide all data needed , as per my previous ramblings.
Updated MTR internals to process the new data.

It gives us this.

When a IMF is loaded , the title table contextual menu now reveals exactly what audio and subs and angle was active at the time of capture of that title.

So with this if there are 2 or more titles that look the same , you can use the contextual menu system to identify them and pick the exact one you want.

Furthermore , the title added will have the sub / audio / cells all set for you ready.
You can of course add other streams at your leisure.

When you add an IMF or reset the title table , any NON PROCESSING TITLES will be removed to maintain sync across the tables...

Of course , only those titles in the extraction queue that belong to the selected disk in the Disk Volumes menu will be effected.

I also updated the main feature guessing routine to take audio and subtitles into account.


This means I will have to redo the MF video now , as it changed and no longer syncs with the video.
It also means I will have to start to redo the current IMF's I have , as they no longer contain all the info..
( they will load , but data will be ignored and no extra process will happen )

I have company tomorrow , so that will be on Monday.

Have a nice weekend all.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:39 am

spent a few hours pondering a small detail.

I have a disk who's putting the audio sync out on a MKV export.
It seems that the cell that contains the cell command has some wild junk in it , and while that does not impinge a dvd rebuild , at messes with mkv.

So i spent the day confirming something I simply could not confirm on the net.
Does a cell command process pre or post the cell that it is attached to?

We its seems it is post , so the cell must be included in the output as it must contains playable data.

So , my advice , if your doing a MKV and you have a stray cell at the start of the data , a large gap of cell , then normal data ... just deselect the first cell...

No to get back to my Sunday.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby TheSystemHasFailed » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:17 am

geezerbuttz wrote:
I have a disk who's putting the audio sync out on a MKV export.
It seems that the cell that contains the cell command has some wild junk in it , and while that does not impinge a dvd rebuild , at messes with mkv.

We its seems it is post , so the cell must be included in the output as it must contains playable data.

So , my advice , if your doing a MKV and you have a stray cell at the start of the data , a large gap of cell , then normal data ... just deselect the first cell...


I have had the exact same issue with Monty Python and the Holy Grail.. about midway thru the movie the audio and video went wildly out of sync.. so I set Min Title Duration to 2 minutes and that seemed to compensate for it. I also tried using a newer version of makemkv and replacing the one you embedded with MTR... and while that seemed to help a little it was not enough.;

I'll try your suggestion next time I experiment with it..
• Mac Mini M4 Pro (2024) • macOS (Version 26.2 (25C56)) • ASUS BW-16D1HT • PIONEER BD-RW BDR-UD03
• MTR 6.005
• DVD2OneX 2.4.2 (running Windows version in CrossOver Mac) • Burn With Apple Disk Utility
• Media - Philips DR858B50F DVD+R DL 8x


"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" -- Abraham Lincoln
User avatar
TheSystemHasFailed
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:39 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:21 am

Have a disk that hunts for the IFOs...
It takes a long time as it scans the disk.
There is currently no visual feedback , and it gives the impression that the app has frozen.

Updating now , and will complete tomorrow.


Fixed a disk that had a menu that recursed ... we evaluate for infinite loops now in every process.

UPDATE: I have given full feedback now , and the afore mentioned disk has garbage in the BUP sectors ...
There are no bups....
G
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:24 pm

well , i did not get the videos done as I was expanding the MF to make it easier to use.

on top of all the other improvements , we now indicate in the cells if there was a cell command in that cell , and flag Angle blocks with a graphical marker.

It makes it easier to scroll through identifying issues.

I also reworked all the UI table views to draw with the later code I developed for Sector probe. ( that was a big job as there are so many variant of the views )

Smaller and more efficient...

There are a few small UI issues I will look at , they do not impinge on the app , but , hey.... its me.
More soon.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:39 pm

Todays madness.

Cleaned up the MF user interface.
Completed the "flags" display on the MF UI to give a quick visual reference of the cells.

Removed the lesser required information into a contextual menu on the MF cell table.

That was fun , trying to get a TableViewCellView , in a TableView , in a TableViewCellView , in a tableView, to pop its contextual menu.

You can only hook that to the the root tables delegate , and that's a bloody pain.

in the end I subclassed the tableview and wrote my own menu handler routines..
Works a treat , took far to long fighting with the Classes though..

That's all for now... video tomorrow / friday , depending when I get some peace and quiet.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:51 am

A busy day:

yesterday I added a contextual menu to display the secondary info in the batch title Cell table:
I wrote about this yesterday.

I just could not help it but it felt 'rushed' like it was an afterthought..

Me , being me , tore it out and started again.

What we have is this:

I intercepted the right mouse click, calculated the current row we are right clicking on , grabbed access to that rows view, stored a pointer for later use , then modified its content , mostly just hiding the existing content.

On mouse up ( right button ) we iterate over the stored(pointer) view , and any view who is not hidden , is removed , and and view that is hidden is unhidden.( restoring the view to its original state)

The trick here is to enumerate over the view array in reverse so when we remove a view it is always 'behind' us ,therefore not tripping up the index count in the array.

I have to say , it works very well...
Im rather chuffed with this.

New Video on Friday then.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:45 am

A minor modification to solve a minor annoyance.

When loading a MF , if you mounted a new Disk , or changed the volume menu selection ,
The MF display would stay blank , requiring the user to manually select the correct entry.

I changed it to make sure the loaded disk is show regardless of the selection in the volume controller.

On a side note, from the start of the apps major life , I have allowed user to add their contributions up to count towards a lifetime license.

This will no longer be the case.
If you already have a lifetime license , your status will not change .
If you have not , but you have paid for a single use license , you will no longer be able to credit that towards your lifetime status.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:32 am

All videos guides are done.

I need to make one small change in the probeApp.
I will add a "completed" message in a new panel on completion , as the current notification can be overlooked.

I will be away next week for 7 days , so I will most likely hold of on the release untill I return , I do not want to rush this and make a pigs ear of it.

Far to much work has gone into this to rush the last 100meters.

( I do want to fix a signing issue that I would like to resolve , but that will not stop the release.)
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:56 am

tough day fighting the code signing...
Simply had to sign it adHoc to run on all systems as I cannot be restricted in the sandbox...

I was running probe on the M1 , and can report that not only does it run well , but it was 5 times faster over a wifi mounted ISO?????

I joke thee not... I have no idea how that can be,

I am not complaining though ( for a change )

I have one M1 issue , the MF progress bar seems ahead of itself , but not on Intel based machines...
It could be the networked drive .....

Its just everything is so much faster in the M1 I have...

Hmm maybe a deeper issue , the output is all over the show like its miss timed... only on m1 so far...
time to fully check on intel

yep , its a release build issue... most likely something i forgot to eneable while testing...
more fun on the horizon.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:57 am

oh happy to report that I have been able to move the apps signature back into the bundle , so it is no longer needing to be updated every release.
G
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:45 am

ok , nailed that , but a little unhappy with why.
Its the runtime hardening causing issues...

Once I disabled it , everything is back to life...

I will take some time to investigate this...
G
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:09 pm

going to have to have a good look to just what the hardened runtime is breaking.
First look it looks like its not reading data correctly from any external source.

I corrected a large amount of issues today ( not really issues , just lazy code practice)
No change..

I will investigate more tomorrow.


I really would like the benefits provided with the extra protection.
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: MTR 6 ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ FIRST!

Postby geezerbuttz » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:59 am

No Runtime hardening for us.
It the Frameworks... no matter what I do , including doing what apple suggested , they will not link correctly.
As soon as I set it to release Build , boom...
App runs but methods being called from the framework simply fail to operate correctly..


I could unload the frameworks back into the app... i may do that while I am away to see if I can make this work as it should.

Duck Apple , they are becoming a real pain in the rear. :twisted:
When poor people support the rich , the Devil laughs......
User avatar
geezerbuttz
MTR Developer
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 am

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome to the MTR 6 forum!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 106 guests